Work at BCDA
The BC Dental Association (BCDA) is the official voice of BC dentists; and, educates the public on oral health issues. Located in Vancouver, our staff of 20 serves over 3,800 members. For over 20 years, BCDA has been a proven leader in professional association management across Canada, with a dynamic and inclusive culture of collaboration, cooperation and innovation.
We are currently searching for an Operations Director to join our dynamic senior management team focused on carrying out the policies and direction of the BCDA’s 17-member Board of Directors. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will be responsible for managing human resources, administration, and day-to-day operations.
- directly supervises Operations Manager, Senior Assistant and Receptionist
- develops and maintains the annual Operation’s department budget
- manages the effectiveness and efficiency of human resources and employee engagement
- recruitment and hiring process for all employee levels
- staff liaison to the Nominations, Honours & Awards and Toothfairy Gala Committees
- supports elected Officers, Board of Directors and Management Committee
- oversees administration of annual election process
- maintains policies/procedures, compliance with Constitution & Bylaws, applicable Provincial & Federal Laws & Personal Information Protection Act
- manages/develops/reviews a variety of contracts (employee, consultants, vendors, suppliers)
- manages membership registration process; records management system
- maintains strong working relationships with employees, volunteers, legal counsel, consultants, and other stakeholders
- MBA, CPHR, or BA in business, economics, finance, or commerce, or equivalent
- minimum 5yrs work-related experience in senior management, preferably in a membership organization
- proven experience in creative and professional writing and editing
- succinct verbal communication and effective listening skills
- capable of working with others at all levels: members, volunteers, consultants, external stakeholders, senior and support staff
- financially savvy in budget development process/strategic planning/risk management
- proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications including Dynamics and SharePoint
- empathetic, diplomatic, articulate, professional polite demeanor
- well developed presentation skills including in-person presentations as well as webinars
- available to work evenings/weekends, as required
Salary and Benefits
BCDA offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, a flexible work environment, and a commitment to employee development
Email: cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume by 3pm on November 10, 2020 to: Director, Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Telephone Calls Please
BCDA thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates who possess the stated requirements will be contacted.