Virtual Study Groups
View courses available on the Portal.
Virtual Study Groups (VSG) are online study groups without the hands-on component of traditional study clubs. Meet online with your colleagues from the comfort of your home or office—no travel costs or time out of practice.
Led by a College approved mentor, VSGs focus on the didactic and case review component of clinical learning. Approved by the CDSBC for CE credit, VSGs are ideal for in-depth learning and coaching through guided case reviews and problem-solving.
How do VSGs work?
- Participants login to an virtual meeting room hosted on the Adobe ConnectTM web conferencing platform*
- Multiple scheduled sessions - usually one per month for six months (no opt in and out)
- Limited to 10 participants to optimize participation
- Mentor and participants can see and hear each other and share content
- Mentor leads a discussion on a clinical topic using Powerpoint, photographs, and/or video
- VSG sessions are recorded and archived on the CE@DLC Portal under "My Courses"
Technical requirements to participate
- Computer (PC or MAC). For optimal experience, iPad not recommended. Note: Participants wanting to access Virtual Study Groups (VSGs) using their mobile device should download the FREE Adobe Connect APP for iPhone, Android and Blackberry for optimal streaming.
- High-speed internet
- Dedicated phone line—not computer microphone or SKYPE (audio is not lost if your internet connection is disrupted). A headset is recommended.
- Real time third party IT support provided via phone
Once participants have completed a VSG, they can arrange a hands-on course with their mentor.
* Registered participants will receive information and training on how to optimize their ADOBE CONNECT experience.